Thursday, February 3, 2011

Colder than a ...rosy cheek in Reykjavik?

Why, yes it is. However, this is the Sonoran desert and the temperature in February isn't supposed to dip into the 20s, but it just did for two nights in a row, and is working on a third. What ?? you say. Something must be wrong. It most likely is, Virginia, this is what we call climate change...think about all the blizzards across the country this year, time and again, and all the other strange weather patterns that have been in effect for the last few years, and it does become fairly obvious there are bigger changes ahead. How far ahead is the question that no one knows the answer to, though.  All I know is my pond is frozen and my lemon tree doesn't look happy, even though I put a blankie on him, poor baby. I'm very glad I don't live in North Dakota, too, but there's more to that than weather, even though the place is a whirl of exotic cuisine and social life.



Now you're glad, too. Please warm up in the desert, nobody wants this sort of thing. I may be singing a different tune come July, but I don't think it's ever going to be for a McWank's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment